Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 15

Week 15 

The program is officially over this week. I am definitely sad; this trip is one of the best decisions I've ever made hands-down. There are a lot of things I'm going to miss about this experience, there are a lot of things I learned about myself (good and bad), and I was fortunate enough to meet new people. My absolute favorite part of this trip was getting to travel to so many different places; areas that I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see. I can now say I've seen the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Mona Lisa, and so many other places. What I'll value the most is the people I've encountered these past four months. I'm sure we can all agree that seeing the same people every single day for four months comes with its inevitable challenges, but I'm still grateful for all the people I've met and I wouldn't change anything. 

I will always be appreciative of this experience and thankful for having this opportunity. If someone asked me for a few reasons why they should go on this trip I'd say: 

1. You get to travel around Europe for four months! 

2. You get to see another culture and see life through the lenses of a foreigner (which by far was the hardest part to accommodate to)

3. You get to meet cool people from around the world. 

4. You get to partake on adventures that only happen once in a life time for most people 

But to anyone who actually reads this, I just want to say thank you for your patience, tolerance, and friendliness these past couple of months. Thank you for showing me different characteristics about myself and helping me appreciate the world from another point of view. Regardless of whether we are friends after this, our short or long encounter was fated and happened for a reason. 

Tchus Germany! You will be greatly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment