Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 15- Exhuastion

This week was finals week so a good portion of my time was spent studying. Monday after our physiology exam a bunch of us went to the Hofgarten. We met Nick, Dr. Wasser, and Madeleine. It was a lot of fun we played around with different balls, and had a few drinks. Once it was dark we moved to Rheinlust and had a grand time there. I didn't get home till late. I spent Tuesday studying and trying to get work done. Tuesday night I found out that I was being cheated on with my roommate. I am completely hurt by all of this. I thought I mattered more to these people than I actually do. I have been betrayed on such terrible inhuman level. I am trying my best to handle the situation in an adult manner. It is just so incredibly difficult because it changes so much in my life. The worse part is that none of my friends back home felt the need to check on me or talk to me.  I am incredibly fortunate that the people here on this trip have been so willing to help me. I just fell awful all the time. I don't want to eat, and when I do I have a hard time keeping it down. I honestly can't wait for this whole situation to be long in the past.

Since I have been going through this emotional rollercoaster it has been difficult to get my work done and enjoy my last days in Bonn. I still have to plan my travels after this week. Our trip to Remagen was really cool and I am glad I got to meet such an interesting man. Dr. Wasser told us that he was sad to that the program was ending and that we were an awesome group. I do have to say I will miss having regular conversations with Dr. Wasser and I value all the advice he has already given me.


I did enjoy watching the LMU students play. It was a nice distraction and they executed their show well. Afterwards was the AIB Farewell Party. There was really nice food and an awesome band. We gave gifts to Dr. Wasser, Madeleine, Nathan, and Nicole. They were really touched by the gifts we gave them. Each gift was also perfectly matched for each individual which was awesome. It was a little sad that we were having to say goodbye. I had a lot of fun at the party. Afterwards we went to Alexa's and then clubbing. I told a few people of my troubles and they were really supportive in helping me out. There's nothing to do about my situation but it was so nice to have people there for me.

I also went to one of the student workers house for a small party. It was really cool to be around German students and meet new people. We went to a frat party after a few hours. It was definitely an experience. There was way too many people and everyone was smoking indoors which made me uncomfortable. I ended up making friends with an LMU science student. We had a lot of fun discussing our different programs and experiences we have had.

Considering all that I am going through I have had a pretty good week. I am sad that the end of the program has this large shadow over it but I have had a great time. I have really enjoyed this experience and I know I have grown from it. I have made so many memories and friends. I will forever treasure my time on this study abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment