Monday, May 1, 2017

MJF Week Six: (20.02.2017-26.02.2017)

WOW! What an insane week... I almost don’t even know where to start. Okay so Karneval festivities started on the 20th, though most of us did not have any time to partake due to an increased load in schoolwork. We all studied vigilantly and valiantly for our differential equations exam on Thursday.

On Thursday morning was the Karneval parade in Beuel (where I live), but I slept in a little and spent that time to study for my exam in the evening. After I finished my exam, we went out again.

On Friday, everyone went and celebrated Karneval. Many went to Cologne which is where the real craziness is. I stayed home and rested until the afternoon where I went to a frat party (Bavaria Bonn). That. Was. Crazy. There were literally hundreds of people there. As the night went on, my friends (except one) disappeared. And that’s when I met a new friend, Luisa. I was dancing and enjoying a really good beer when I looked over and we made eye contact. Didn’t really think much of it. Kept dancing, having fun, and talking to my friend. I glanced over again and our eyes met once more, so I thought “ah what the heck. Guess I’ll be more social,” so I walked over and hoped she spoke English because my German is pretty terrible at this point (can barely order food). We get to dancing and to my relief, her English is pretty good! So we danced and talked the rest of the night and well into the morning. After all this I went home and slept for about 6 hours then got up and went to another thing, but this time with Luisa, her sister, and two of their friends (one of which was with us the night prior). Well the place was called Bruckenforum and it was ALL old people and Karneval songs. So we only stayed there for a short time and then they decided to go to a club called Untergrund. Untergrund was packed and played a healthy balance of Karneval songs and American music. We stayed there and danced once more into the early morning until I noticed some guys starting to get rowdy. I used by best judgment and got the girls to leave with me. As we exited the club, a whole horde of security rushed past us back into the club and moments later drug the brawlers out of there. So we all parted ways and went home.

Well... that’s all I’m going to blog about this week. Later I will attach some pictures from it all!

Love y’all,


MJF

No comments:

Post a Comment