Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 10 - Big Event

This week has been a bit rough trying to get back into the swing of things, especially with so many tests coming up. But oh well, I'm just going to keep chugging along a do my best. Every week I have to tell myself "C'mon Austin, just 4 more days, you can do this" because on the weekend I always have something to look forward to! This weekend, that something was International Big Event. We bagan the day by meeting at the Old AIB where we were given a sack lunch to take for us throughout the day! Then after Clare Elizondo gave a great mini speech about the significance of Big Event, we the aggies began to sing the Aggie War Hymn and then have our own little A&M yell practice. It was super fun and it really made me miss being on campus... but not that much lol. For this event, a group of us went to a nursing home in Bad Godesburg which was very very nice. The old people there were so sweet, I just wish I could speak German so that I could have spoken with them. I mostly just stared, smiled, and nodded lol. Anywhos... that day I did a lot of gardening which surprising was really fun. We planted a lot of trees and shrubs for the older people to enjoy and we made the yard there very beautiful. The people who hosted us were even gracious enough to barbecue for us and it was delicious!!! Almost as good as Texas Barbecue (almost). Altogether we had such a great time and afterwards, me, Maggie and Rachel went to Hans im Gluck to grab a burger! Let me tell you, those burgers are freaking delicious. I'm totally going to miss that restaurant when I go back home.

Sadly, the remainder of this weekend I will have to do nothing else but study study study. I have a signals test and a physiology exam coming up so I hope I can do well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment