Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 15- Done with Undergrad

Finals
I can't believe that these were the last days of my undergrad career. I felt very tired and worn out from all of the work that was done over the semester, but I knew that it would all be over soon. The last week was filled with a physiology test, a physiology final, and a physiology lab final. I spent all weekend studying and I had no free time for myself, but I really wanted to end my undergrad career on a strong note. There was so much relief when I finally turned in my physiology lab final (well, kind of since it was really hard). Then it finally hit me that all that was standing between me and graduation was two weeks of waiting (well, and an essay and these blogs lol). After our last test, Alexa, Mercy, and I attempted to take cliche senior-ish pictures, but we sucked at throwing papers up so it took us like an hour and a half to get a decent picture haha.
Graduating seniors!

Remagen
We were supposed to take a bike tour to Remagen, but it was supposed to rain so we ended up just taking a train there. Remagen was very pretty and I was so glad we got to go to the Peace Museum and hear about history from a man that actually lived it. I wish I would've been able to hear everything that was said, but everything that I did hear was profound. We got ice cream afterwards.

Botanical Garden
This place was beautiful. We tried to use the coupons that they gave us for becoming Bonners, but they wouldn't take them so we had to pay a euro. We spent roughly an hour and a half here just looking at all of the plants and flowers. We also went through a greenhouse that had different climates so that flowers from all over the world could grow. One of the rooms was terribly humid and had cacti, so it reminded me of Texas. It's crazy that we will be back in a short amount of time.

These are real lily pads
Cologne
We decided to say bye to the Cologne Cathedral. This is one of the largest catholic churches in the world, so I was so excited to finally get a chance to attend mass in it. For some reason, it's always colder inside than it is outside, so I spent a lot of the mass thinking about how cold I was.

I can't believe we're done. This is so surreal. Some of my friends from back home have been making plans with me for next week and it's so weird to me. But thank you to all of y'all for making this an amazing semester. I couldn't imagine this trip without any single one of y'all.

Tldr; I'm done.






No comments:

Post a Comment