Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Yay, It's springtime!

While school is ramping up towards more tests and then finals, we had one of my favorite Aggie traditions – Big Event. I’m really impressed with AIB’s version of One Big Day, and I know that HQ at home is, too. Even more impressive was the turnout; every single student (by choice I think?) came to participate. I hope some of them bring BE back home.
Our assignment was called “Project Refugee,” and we set out to a clothing donation center to help fold and organize the abundant supplies they had received. There was a ton of work to do, and we ended up helping most of the day away. Besides being an awesome way to serve the city of Bonn, it was also a really neat way to meet the other AIB students and to hear about their experiences so far. 


Another  fun thing – IT IS SPRINGTIME! I think it’s official, because the city of Bonn has turned on their fountains, and the blooms are springing (ha!) up all around. I love it! It’s getting a bit warmer… I don’t have to wear gloves anymore. The start of the new season has gotten me thinking about how far we’ve come this semester.  I feel at home here, and although I really do miss my pals at home, the people on this trip have been such joys to travel with, laugh with, and, honestly, struggle with. So many thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment