Thursday, May 12, 2016

Where To Begin

The first thing that people ask when you return from an amazing experience is "how was it", but how is there anyway in the world to answer this question after a 4 month stay in Europe? This past semester was the best and most amazing 4 months I have ever experienced. Looking back at the moments of sitting in lectures hearing about what the trip would be like, or hearing past students reflect on their journey, I have realized how hard it is to actually explain what the study abroad experience is like. When someone would say "life changing" or "experience of a lifetime" in reference to the trip I would just brush it off, thinking how one trip could change my entire life. This trip was more then I could have ever asked for. I was greeted from the beginning with the most perfect and fitting host family who I can't thank enough for everything they did for me. It was because of them that I was able to really embrace the German culture, make lifelong friends who feel like people I have known forever, and be apart of another family.

Europe is a truly remarkable place and I can not wait to go back and continue to travel throughout the vast area. No matter what city you went to, you were always left speechless by the beauty and hospitality of everyone and everything. Of course there are memories or locations that outweigh others, and places that I didn't get to travel to yet, but I wouldn't have changed one thing about this trip. I got to experience the BEST spring break ever, visit spectacular cathedrals, travel Europe and become so much more open minded about the world.

I know this should be some super long post, especially for how much I got to experience, all the people I owe for making this trip the way it was, the things I got to see, and how I want to tell everyone and wish that everyone could go on this trip. However, after the endless "how was it"s I've come to the realization that there are no words to describe how it truly was. Looking back at the pictures of the trip, I still can't believe that I got to be apart of such an amazing adventure. If anyone is unsure about the trip, or ever needs extra motivation to go I am your man, while I don't know how to explain the speechless journey, I can with out a doubt explain how much you would regret and hate not going. THE PERFECT SEMESTER!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment