Tuesday, May 10, 2016

And Then There Were Three...

Well, this is a post about last times and farewells. Being the last in Bonn was a lot sadder (or more sad? I don't know) than I expected. I'm being so serious when I say after our Vienna trip, I saw Hannah every single day. When her internet wasn't working for almost two weeks, she was often at my house and on weekends we'd take strolls along the Rhine and talk. We even rode the bus and train together really really often. I mean, Bad Godesberg für immer... we gotta stick to together! 

When I woke up Wednesday morning and realized she was on her plane back to the states, I was honestly really sad. I know we get to see everyone in the program plenty since most of us are taking summer classes, and you'd think that after four months together we'd be ready for a break, but that just wasn't the case for me. I never thought Hannah and I would end up such good friends, but people are so right... sometimes you meet your best of friends in college. I actually changed my flight to land in Dallas so she could pick me and show me around downtown Dallas. Verrückt scheiße... right?! 

Luckily, Shawn and Gunnar stayed behind to travel during the month of May too so I didn't feel too alone. Actually, once I got over the fact that my bus riding partner was headed home, I was actually super excited to finally travel with Shawn and Gunnar. Like I said previously, I didn't travel as much as everyone else so I never got to go on a trip with Shawn and Gunnar until now! We actually already went to Switzerland and parted ways for the time being, but it was awesome! I can't wait to meet back up with them in Munich and then Barcelona with Shawn! Interlaken was a gorgeous dream come true and and absolute blast!!! I won't go into detail but we hiked to gorgeous waterfalls, kayaked, and rode bikes through the town and mountain. I'm such a wimp so the mountain biking was pretty rough on me but I did love it! Shawn or Gunnar would always fall back a little to make sure I didn't get too far left behind. They are seriously the best, and I'm so thankful I met them and became such good friends with them. 


So although my semester is over and most of the crew has returned back to the states, my time in Europe is still ticking and adventures still await me. I'm loving every second and doing my best to take it all in. Every second of it. 

Näschte halt: Zaandam, Nederland !!

No comments:

Post a Comment