Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Bonus Europe

I’m keeping this short, because I’m a bit sad to be leaving and excited to see my family again. Our Rhine cruise was a lovely conclusion to our AIB journey, full of sunshine and solid friends. I’m almost blasé about castles at this point, but they still manage to grab my attention as we explore or even zoom by their awesome presence. I’m really going to miss these amazing landscapes that consistently impress. 

We, as a group of students, have all given up a bit to come here, and it’s scary to go back and face reality again. At the same time, we’ve gained so very much this semester, and I think we’ll continue to gain more as we reflect on these past months back in College Station. As Dr. Wasser said before we departed, we will never be the same again, and that’s a pretty striking thing to think about. I can’t be thankful enough for my time here; I really don’t want to go. I will always consider Bonn as one of my homes.


I’m extremely excited to have the chance to show this wunderbar land to my family, who’ve never experienced Europe before. I can’t wait to show them my favorite things and to see some new sights as well, as we hit the Aldeboarn,  Amsterdam, Edinburgh, and London.

No comments:

Post a Comment