Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A weekend to remember

After finals we had a trip to Remagen, the farewell party, the Rhinecruise, and the Lumineers concert to get our mind off of things.

The trip to Remagen was really cute. We got to tour a peace museum with the owner who was the cutest little old man ever. He definitely made the tour. Like Dr. Wasser said, he's a piece of living history.

The farewell party was fun with lots of food and music. I was really happy my host family was able to come. I haven't been able to interact with them that much this semester because I've done so much traveling and school has been a huge time sucking parasite. Anyways, my host mom and sister are super sweet and I've enjoyed getting to know them and I've been so thankful for them welcoming me into their home.

That weekend we took a day trip to Koln to buy some souvenirs and then I spent the rest of the weekend at home vegetating to netflix. Finals week was rough.

Monday we got to go on a rhinecruise which was pretty cool and a good last get-together. I think I've under appreciated the beauty of Germany. After the cruise we got to go on a hike up to a castle and tour it. I like touring castles so that was really fun too. After the excursion we all rushed back to AIB to finish up things and get ready for the Lumineers concert that night. It was a great concert, even though we missed the opener because our train was late. I love getting to enjoy music and it was a good last event before Mattie and I flew to Nice the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment