Saturday, May 7, 2016

Finals and Farewells

Finals week quickly arrived and we were all scrambling to remember everything we had learned throughout the semester. Thankfully, we didn't have a final in our History of Medicine course. Yay, Dr. Wasser is the best.

We did however, have final exams in our signals, device design and physiology courses. Some also had a differential equations final to take. Well, the majority of them took it when they got back to College Station this past week. So I you all who had that final exam did well!

Actually, before we had our final in physiology, we had our last regular exam, over GI, just two days before. We also had our final for our device design course that day. All the terms that come to mind right now are  510(k)'s, pathways to market, safe and effective, duodenum, steatorrhea, and homeothermic endotherms. Ah, so many things, I'm getting antsy just remembering studying for these exams.

After Monday, all we had left was our physiology and signals final.  First, for our physiology test was on Wednesday. That morning Dr. Wasser gave us all of our previous exams to look at and study. He told us that our final would be very similar to previous questions. Again, yay Dr. Wasser! As soon as that final was over I had to direct all of my energy towards 211.

Finally Thursday came and we were given unlimited time to finish our exam. I was the last one to finish at four hours. I was definitely wishing we had limited time because my brain was fried at hour 3.

On Friday was our farewell party at the old AIB. I came home that afternoon after our visit to Remagen and left with my host mom and brother for the party. Wow, I almost forgot about Remagen. Well, we went there and we took a tour of the peace museum led by the founder of the museum. He also survived World War II as a young boy and after that he adopted the ideas of pacifism.

We arrived at the farewell party with the pugs, Millie and Penny, and saw a whole bunch of food, beer, and live music. It was so surreal that my time there was coming to an end and I wished so badly that I could rewind time just so I would get more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment