Monday, May 9, 2016

Midnight in Paris (JK it was actually a week)

This past week I realized my semester in Europe is dwindling down to an end. We spend the week in France stopping in Colmar first, then Beaune and finally Paris. Paris has been one of my favorite trips thus far. People often sterotype the French as being arrogant and rude but I personally encountered no such thing. Everyone was super nice and open to help which made my stay lovely. One of the days we took a bike tour around the city and at first I was terrified because the last time I rode a bike was when I was 13 and I remember crashing and burning, therefore being traumatized and hadn't ridden since. But despite being anxious, things went well and the bike tour ended up being my favorite part of the trip. I loved riding on the bridges and alongside the water. 

The food and wine in Paris was phenomenal. Keep this between you and me, but I ate more than one crepe every single day. And truthfully, I'm not that ashamed about it. Es war sehr lecker. 
And the Eiffel at night... BOMB. The lights were amazing, the view from the top was amazing and I managed to nail the settings on my camera and snap some incredible night pictures, which believe it or not, is actually kind of hard if you don't know what you're doing. 

The weekend was a short but still an enjoyable trip to España! Making it to Girona and Barcelona turned the trip into a lot of traveling but it was a gorgeous ride along the countryside. That makes 6 countries for me now! Compared to my classmates, I'm behind on the country count, but 6 countries in a semester is still a lot. Plus, Germany is still my favourite and Bonn is like home to me so I really like traveling around Germany. 


All in all, life is good and every day is still an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment