Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Big Event: Nature Friends


This week was a pretty relaxing week for me.  I had fewer than the normal amount of classes per week and also didn’t have a crazy amount of outside school studying to do.  I used my extra time to just get ahead in some of my classes as well as relax and take it easy.  On Friday we went to visit the museum of anesthesia in Bonn, near where we shadowed the surgeons at the Uniklinik.  The exterior of the museum was a nifty little place that looked like a normal house.  The interior was also nicely organized into two main display rooms and a hallway filled with drugs separating the two rooms.  Our tour guide was very passionate about his museum, which made the lecture/tour more interesting.  After the museum tour, I headed back to the AIB to finish up some work and then went home.  The next day was the Big Event.  I was assigned to the group called Nature Friends, with Kendal being the only person I knew in that group.  The other kids in our group were a couple of LMU students.  When we got to our site, I was shocked to see just how bad in shape the place was.  It looked like this place only got cleaned once a year, probably by the previous years Big Event.  I was responsible for mowing the lawns, but the lawn mower wouldn’t start. So we resorted to using a manual mower that didn’t really cut well, and pulled weeds as well. The others in my group painted benches and cleaned the chickens' area. After our job was done, the changes were noticeably different.  I had a great time at this years Big Event meeting new people and helping the Nature Friends community.


No comments:

Post a Comment