Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Now I Have 2 Brothers

So guess who has the coolest host brother ever? I'd say it's me, but I think everyone else would say it's them too. Everyone has some pretty cool host siblings but once I forced mine to spend time with me, he realized I wasn't that bad and I quote, "Dude Shelby, I don't know how you can't speak much German but you know the words to SSIO's songs... That's freakin' awesome. You're freakin' awesome." I wasn't aware that listening to crappy/vulgar German rap music made me cool, but hey I'll take it! 

I've been in Germany for a little over four months and hadn't hung out with my host brother all that much. At the beginning he was always in school and after he finished he was out with his friends. He also had exams too, so we were both studying quite a bit. I guess it was mainly because our schedules didn't match up, but shoot I wish I could have hung out with him a lot more. He did introduce me to a lot of his friends during Karneval and made sure both my hands had a full glass of... soda? Yeah, it was definitely cola. But this past weekend my host mom kinda forced him to hang out with me again and I'm so glad she did. He's so cool. I'm so thankful he'd translate for me, teach me bad words, and introduce me to all of his friends. I know teaching me bad words sounds like such a childish thing to do, but it's pretty useful when you hang out with people around our age. People joke, ya know? Anyways, I tagged along to Rhein in Flammen and I had an absolute blast. I ended up staying out way longer than I planned on, but still... One of my last nights in Germany and it was full of many many laughs, mostly caused by excessive soda drinking and immature jokes, but all and all what a sweet little brother and some pretty cool friends he has. 

This past Sunday evening my host mom asked me how long I was traveling for and when I'd be back to Bonn to grab my big suitcase before heading back to the states, and I jokingly replied, "Never" and laughed a bit. Then my brother looked at me and said, "No, forreal, don't go." 

No comments:

Post a Comment