Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 17

Week 17: April 2-8


On Monday, May 2, we all went on a final group trip together with all of the AIB students from the different universities. We drove from Bonn to the city of Bacharach to take a boat trip down the Rhine. The scenery along the Rhine was beautiful and it was thankfully a warm, sunny day. We saw all of the different fortresses and small villages along the Rhine and it was very picturesque. Shortly after noon, we arrived in Braubach to have lunch and tour the Marksburg. We hiked up to the fortress, had some ice cream, and had a guided tour of the fortress. After all of the groups had finished their tour, we had to depart Braubach and go back to Bonn. It was a wonderful experience and memory to have before having to go back to Texas.

I flew back into Texas on May 9 and I was glad to finally be back home. I had to experience my flight being delayed by an hour and missing my original connecting flight back to Austin. I also discovered how much I dislike customs when getting back into the US. It was pain and it made everything complicated. 

After my experiences in Europe, I have decided that I would love to tour Asia for several months to see other cultures. The people that I have met over the last few months have caused me to want to visit other countries that I had never planned to visit. These countries include Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Moldova, Russia, and Kazakhstan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment