Monday, May 9, 2016

PEAR-EE

Paris was neat. In fact it was probably one of my favorite cities behind Sorrento, Italy. It just had an interesting vibe that I haven't seen anywhere else. The city was just as crowded as I thought it was. Interestingly, people were a lot nicer than I had thought they were going to be. All I had heard about Paris was that it was going to be full of very rude people, but I found nothing but the opposite. The only person that seemed to be at all impolite was the tour guide, but that was completely understandable because he had twenty something kids that he needed to direct around.

Anyways, we arrived after our trip to Colmar and Beaune to la Manufacture (our hotel) which had some French dude out front with a baguette. He asked our confused masses, "anyone want some bread" and of course I did so i was the only one who said yes. Then EVERYBODY DECIDED THEY WANTED SOME OF THE BREAD ALLL OF A FREAKING SUDDEN. Turns out the guy was our tour guide. He let us into the hotel for awhile to put our stuff up and go to the restroom which ended up taking like 45 minutes because I guess everyone decided they needed to use the restroom before we left. But we were off on our first tour of France, and I tell you what. I don't remember anything we saw except a sandpit with a bunch of people playing bochi ball or at least what my family calls bochi ball. I'm not sure what it is in French, probably like bawh-che bool. Then we went out that night, well really we were just scoping out the area. We ended up staying in some pub for a soccer match because I decided I couldnt hold my poop anymore.

After I took the kids to the pool, we went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next day, I literally have no recollection of what we did. That's a lie, we went to uh that one thing, the big mansion thing. Palace of Versailles. that's it. which was a bit grandiose for a house i would think but that's just my opinion. I don't want to have to walk a mile to get back to the kitchen. anyways, I think the best part about that day was the picnic we had. That was pretty fantastic from any persons perspective.

After that we did something with the queen's quarters which was interesting. I enjoyed that little park area. There was a dead bird that some of the fish were nipping at. We went somewhere that night, I'm not sure. the eiffel tower, the view was fantastic. And somethings had come up that night that made things a little interesting.

The next day we went to the Louvre. It was similar to if you put about 10,000 times the art one human can appreciate in 24 hours into one building. I liked it, it just felt like tooo much. The tour guides did a really good job of cutting it down into the important parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment