Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Home Sweet Home

This past Wednesday I returned to Texas. Leaving Germany was so bittersweet. I honestly can't believe that my semester abroad is over. It was so much fun, and such a great learning experience! I made so many new friends, and learned so much more than I think I would have in College Station.

It's somewhat weird not waking up in my little room with my host family waiting on me for breakfast. It was so great to be able to spend these last 4 months with them. They were the best host family that I could have ever asked for. Our last night together was filled with tears, but so many memories were made together.

Upon returning to Texas, I met my parents at the airport. They surprised me by bringing my best friend with them, and then dinner with my wonderful boyfriend. It was honestly one of the best days! On Thursday, I stayed in College Station so that I could go and get my Aggie Ring that morning. This was the best day! My whole little aggie family came to the Association of Former Students building to make my own little ring day! It was so much fun, and filled with so much excitement. I couldn't have asked for a better ring day or better friends to share it with.

The next couple of days were spent in my hometown. I went to see everyone that wanted to see that I made it home okay; this includes family, friends, and parents' friends. It was nice to see everyone and be able to talk about my experiences abroad. I have had the best support group while gone. The weekend was spent with my boyfriend and his family. They welcomed me home with a fish fry and just hanging out all weekend.

On Saturday my car battery died, and then my car just completely went dead. Therefore, Monday I had to spend almost three hours out of my day at the Ford place getting it fixed. Apparently, my mom didn't drive it enough while I was gone. Now it is fixed, and all is well!

Today I leave to go back to College Station for the week. Tomorrow is my roommate's birthday, and then Thursday I have to go fill out a degree audit for graduation in December. It's crazy how my college experience is coming to an end. Yes, I still have medical school, but I feel like these past three years of undergraduate have flown by!

I am so thankful that I got to spend a semester abroad in Germany as one of my final semesters as an undergraduate. I couldn't have asked for a better group to go with. My professors and fellow classmates really made the experience so much greater than it could have ever been by myself. I can only hope that the friendships that I made while there will grow into lifelong relationships.

Thank you Texas A&M for the bet experience of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment