Sunday, February 19, 2012

VIVA COLONIA

Since Thursday, it has been pretty crazy here in the Rhineland...to say the least. Adults, teenagers, and children all dressed up for CARNIVAL! I am Pancho Villa for Carnival, but unfortunately i lost my sombrero, of course. But thats, alright cause my pancho is pretty large and in charge.
On thursday, our group went to the Beuel parade for Weiberfastnacht, then we headed to Cologne for the day and some of the night. Cologne was pretty crazy, and thats wild to me due to the fact that tomorrow on Monday (Rosenmontag) is even crazier. I will survive to tell the story, Along with some pictures (appropriate of course).
Furthermore, we met some pretty cool Americans that are studying here till July, and also met some more german people that are around our age. So its always great meeting and becoming friends with some more people here!
Then on wednesday our group will be heading to Vienna for 4 days. I am so excited to see what this city holds and what really cool things we will be doing. Personally, i am really excited for the Josefinum, which holds anatomical structures, and I am also looking forward to the Sigmund Freud house and museum!!
This Vienna trip wouldn't have been possible without or program director Kristin. She definitely makes everything ten times easier for us.
But anyways, BIS SPATER

No comments:

Post a Comment