Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Bit About the Family

I have a non-traditional living situation with my host
family here. Don’t get me wrong- I really enjoy staying here and appreciate
everything they have done for me. However, with my host mother doing Lufthansa
training during the week, my host brother going to school and work, and the two
daughters having moved out, I don’t have much interaction with them. This weekend,
though, I got to talk quite a bit with them and their grandmother being home, and
got to hear about their experiences in Europe and more about Carnival. There
was also a short parade in Bad Godesburg that they told me about, but it happened
so quickly I couldn’t run out to catch it. The best part overall had to be the
food (can’t beat steak and potatoes), and with these sweet cookies as dessert,
I’m thinking this family knows the way to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment