Monday, February 27, 2012

My Favorite Things

I want to take this blog post to talk about my favorite parts of Vienna. First of all, the Vienna Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra was stellar. The concert hall was very beautiful, with baroque-style decor. As far as the music goes, it was amazing. The first two compositions were beautiful, the second one having a trumpet soloist who performed with what seemed like perfection. After the intermission, it was time for the Tchaikovsky piece. Now Tchaikovsky is one of my favorite Romantic composers so I was really excited for this piece. It was everything I wanted to hear and better. The symphony had four or five movements. There were places of suspense and excitement, as well as beauty and tranquility. What a cool experience to see a world-renowned symphony orchestra perform such awesome pieces by composers who were revolutionary in the art of music at one time.

My other favorite part of the trip was the Vienna Natural History museum. The place was full of many animal species and specimens. I am a Zoology major, so as one can imagine, I was in awe at the vast collection. The museum guide that we had was a good one; he was very knowledgeable and a good communicator. I only wish that some of the captions were in English. I could spend hours in there just learning about the Earth and its natural history. After we were done in the museum, we went to the cafe. Here we had the most delicious hot chocolate. It was a special type that was thick and soupy rather than thin. It came in different flavors, and I got a white chocolate with fruit flavor and it was sooooooooo good.

All in all Vienna was a wonderful trip. It was very tiring, as we had to get up early every day and do a lot of walking. But we visited many interesting and beautiful places, and ate delicious food. I would really love to go back at some point soon in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment