Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Let the games begin...Carnival


So this week starts the beginning of the end of Carnival. And I'm ready to have the experience of a lifetime. From listening to the "Viva Colonia" song in Dr. Wasser's class about 5 times, Im ready to party. ha. Tomorrow, which is Weiberfastnacht, we are going to Beuel for the parade then off to Koeln for the real party. Ill give y'all guys an update on that later. Then on Monday is Rosenmontag, which is the when the big festivities are taken place.
Besides Carnival preparation, I have had a cool experience this past Sunday. My host dad and sister and I drove to the Westerwald region of Rheinland-Pfalz to this AWESOME frozen lake. The lake was completely frozen over, and it was a really cool site for me to see, partially because I have never seen anything like it. The lake is about 2 km. long and 1 km. wide. So it wasn't just a little pond. So we went iceskating for awhile, and skated around the whole lake. Of course, we had a lunch break with some soup and tea with bread and cheese. Germans really like to picnic! While we were skating though, the ice was making the strangest noises, almost like it was about to crack! Thankfully nothing happened, except me busting my butt on the ice. But that was expected!
The night before on Saturday a group of us decided to go to Koeln and go Salsa dancing. Which was an experience! It was pretty fun, and we learned some different dance moves, the Latin music really brought me back to times in Texas..haha, so it was nice for once. Well I'm off.

Tchao!

No comments:

Post a Comment