Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's warming up!


This has been quite the eventful weekend. From partying it up in a salsa club in Cologne to creating an epic meal time for the arrival of our host family sisters to the weather finally starting to warm up! Saturday night a group of us decided to take a trip to Cologne to experience this thing called salsa that Candy hasn’t stopped talking about. It was a heck of a lot of fun and in that awesome cultural setting we all got to learn some basic latin dance moves.

Cooking burgers for our host family was a huge success. We got a chance to show them some good ‘ol homestyle Texas cookin as a welcome home gift to our host sisters Anna and Eva. I think it’s going to be great having these girls living with us, giving the house a bit more life and some diversity, along with having fluent English speakers.

Before the weekend, a lot of shopping was done for carnival as well as for a rucksack for me. As I said before, my roommate and I are going as cowboys and now that we have our hats, we are set. I am still looking for a water gun so that we can stay “hydrated” during the carnival festivities which I am getting really excited for!

The above picture is from when Cameron and I decided to stop by a local German “Mexican” food restaurant. Look what we found on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment