Thursday, February 9, 2012

Grandparents, Fresh Baked Bread, and Snow!

This week my grandparents came into town to visit me for a week, Kathryn and I made bread (it took 6 days to make), and I presented my student lecture assignment. I was so excited to see my grandparents! On Monday, we went out to dinner with each other, caught up, and I practiced my presentation with them. I was so nervous for the presentation. What made me nervous was the fact that I had to do the whole thing by myself, contrary to last semester. I have always gotten nervous about public speaking but I felt like I did a good job on it. I was so relieved when I finished the presentation!


On Wednesday, I went to class in the morning and then visited with my grandparents the rest of the day. It has been so nice being able to see some familiar faces while abroad and to catch up with them. We are also planning on going to visit my cousin in Switzerland this weekend. I have never been to Switzerland before so I am very excited for that.


This morning (Thursday), Kathryn and I decided to go for a run. As we were running, it started to snow. That was the first time I have ever run in the snow and it was definitely an experience. I still can’t believe we did that but I’m so proud that we stuck it out and finished the run. We then joined my grandparents so we could show them around the city some. We visited the AIB, went to the Sacred Heart school in Bonn (I went to a Sacred Heart school in Houston), visited Beethoven’s house, and then we introduced them to our host family. I’m so glad that my grandparents had the opportunity to see where we live and who we live with here. Last, we went out to dinner and I had wienerschnitzel for the first time. It was delicious :).

No comments:

Post a Comment