Sunday, February 26, 2012

Never a dull moment in Candy Land. (2)


Let's start where I ended my last post; with our first night in Vienna. We had decided on a girls night since we were all pretty tired and didn't feel like going out. Ice cream is a must in this occasion and here's the perfect way to eat ice cream and not feel guilty (for all you guilty feeling girls out there). Candy's How To: (do not try this at home)


 The following day we were ready to leave bright and early (just like every other day the rest of the week)! We visited the Vienna Medical School where we got a good view of the city and the Narrenturm which was the "Madhouse Tower." The Narrenturm was built under Emperor Josef the second and now consists of many wax models of people with diseases and different organs given by hospitals. Although I agree that the wax models and pictures were very graphic and could cause a loss of appetite, I mainly felt sad. I realize these were only wax models, but the originals were people. Many, many people in fact with all these terrible conditions!

Speaking of wax models, we then continued to the Josephinum which also had wax models that did not make me sad. These famous structures were amazing! The detail that went into constructing one of these was incredible and I only wish we had some of these to study anatomy with. Christmas gift?
After all these museums we had a little free time which gave us girls time to shop and dress up for the Vienna Symphony Orchestra. Thursday night was definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite, night here. I loved the symphony! Being able to sit there and hear this beautiful music while watching a bass player rock out made me feel so blessed to be on this trip. Definitely a must-see for anyone who travels to Vienna! Oh and Yesenia, I'm just sorry you didn't get to meet this bass player.


 To be continued...

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment