Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthdays!

On Sunday night, after my late arrival back in Bonn from Amsterdam, I Skyped my family for my sister's 18th birthday. It was good to check in with my family, get filled in on the goings-on back home, and have my dog ignore my attempts to talk to him. Apparently he doesn't like it that "all his noses aren't there." After a good long talk, I decided to go to bed at 2 in the morning.

On Monday night, we celebrated my host brother's 24th birthday! Five of us crammed into the car and went to Vapiano's for dinner. It was kind of a self-serve restaurant and we each basically passed our plates around to get a taste of what each person got. Then we went home to have some homemade cake, schokopudding, and a few drinks that we picked up on the way home. After singing a quick happy birthday to him, he went out with his friends, but the rest of us stayed and laughed for a while. Altogether, a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment