Sunday, February 12, 2012

Normal Weekend


Like the rest of this week, I did not do anything spectacular this weekend. Saturday was spent relaxing, and on Sunday I went for a walk through the nearby Freizeitpark. During my stroll, I quickly learned that playing in a park is a fairly popular activity for Germans on the weekend. The lake, which I previously mentioned had frozen completely, was covered with ice skaters of all ages and skill levels; there were also quite a few people playing hockey.
While I was there, I decided to visit the Japanese style garden I had heard about. The garden is apparently a decently known spot, as there were several people besides myself who were taking pictures and acting like tourists. There were even several people who had brought along expensive camera equipment, including tripods. They appeared to be college students, but they seemed so focused on what they were doing that I did not ask.
On the way back, I noticed that there was a mausoleum right next to and facing the Rhein. There were no signs explaining who it was for or why it was chosen to be built in this spot. Nevertheless, I took a picture of the entrance; I could tell that the mausoleum was not a tourist attraction of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment