Monday, February 13, 2012

Salsa Saturdays!


(This post applies to the week of Feb 6th)

This past weekend a group of us finally took a night trip to Köln. While we have all seen Köln during the day, the nightlife in Köln is supposed to be wonderful. I was not disappointed! First we took a short train ride out of Bonn, only about 20-25 minutes by train. Then a few of us picked up some food (a Döner), which were delicious, as usual. After that we still had nearly an hour to kill until the club opened. We stopped by a bar to see if we could find some margaritas. Perhaps I am spoiled by living in Texas, but the margaritas were not worth the 8 euro. After that, we made our way over to the club, the Petit Prince. Upon arriving, there was an instructor who taught the group of us the basic steps of salsa. I have to admit I don't think that I followed very well, but I had tons of fun none the less. After lots of dancing, and lots of tripping, we all finally made our way back to the train station to head back to Bonn. It was a very fun night, and we were still able to keep it pretty local. I will definitely be going back to try learning salsa again!

No comments:

Post a Comment