Sunday, February 12, 2012

Salsa, Crazy Rainbow Pigs, and I Miss the NBA

I won't be the first or last to talk about how much fun we had last night while salsa dancing. We travelled to Cologne last night to experience some of the famous nightlife that I've heard so much about. It definitely lived up to its reputation and then some. Although we only went to the salsa club to learn how to dance, as well as to just dance, I saw some pretty neat places that I would not mind going back and visiting.

Sorry, but I am writing this as a parade travels just outside my window for Karneval! This is the local parade for Bad Godesberg, so not too big, but it still looks like thre are A LOT of people in the parade. I see a lot of people dressed up as crazy rainbow jesters and some roman soldiers.. Ok, I took some pictures so I can stop blabbing. Check it out!
Haha, this was the bachelor's float "Born to Be Wild"

One of my host family's friends was dressed up as a can that is apparently part of an old children's tale.

Something about king Arthur. Why? I don't know


So, I sincerely miss watching the NBA. Basketball is probably one of the most fun sports to watch, if not the most, because of the skill, speed, strength, knowledge, and confidence needed to play the game. Recently the Knicks have been on fire because of Jeremy Lin and I wish I could see some of those games... but not at 1 A.M. Also, I miss my Dirk. I never thought that I would be so close to Dirk's roots, yet feel so far away from my hometown hero. Well, hopefully he will be in the playoffs with the mavericks whenever I return home in May!

P.S.-Beethoven is even more incredible when you realize his genius. He successfully helped to move music from its structured, concise baroque roots to art that is free flowing and the beginning of what I can hear as the start of all modern music. Increible.

No comments:

Post a Comment