Friday, February 17, 2012

Karneval!

I was so thrilled when I got back from Switzerland to find that it was snowing here in Bonn too. Kathryn and I even ran in the snow, which I’ve never done before. I love it when it snows and I hope it does again soon!


On Wednesday we went to the Kekule exhibit at the Deutsches Museum. I enjoyed learning more about him but my favorite part of the visit was the automated compound machine. I thought that was so interesting and I wish I could have played around with it more!


Next, on Thursday, we celebrated Karneval in Beuel and then in Cologne. It was fun to see the floats and the different groups participating in the parade as well as the wide array of costumes being sported by the locals. I also enjoyed spending time with my classmates the whole day and getting to know them better. This weekend we are traveling to Dusseldorf and then to Cologne so that we can learn more about the different ways each city celebrates Karneval. In addition, on Monday the group is going to Cologne for Rosenmontag. On this day, Cologne hosts a giant and well-known parade, so I am looking forward to it!


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment