Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 3






So far this has been a fairly uneventful week. I seem to be starting to get into a routine; it makes the days go by faster. I'm not entirely sure if I like that or not. Before you know it, the trip is going to be over! However, there were some good highlights this week.

Here's some Aggies shopping around for Karneval hats. I have my costume all figured out. It may not be original, or much of a costume by Texas
standards, but I've decided to go with Cowboy; it's simple and I really didn't have to buy much to make it work. Lars is rocking a pretty cool pirate or colonial tri-fold hat, I've got the sombrero, Yesenia has some sort of mask on, and Chase is looking like he just came from the Outback.



Other highlights the other highlight from this week was lunch on Friday. Kristin had mentioned a burger joint near the AIB that is supposed to have the best burgers in town. I'm convinced, this was the most satisfying purchase I've made on the trip so far (in regards to food). 180g patty with ketchup, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bacon, cheese, and jalapeno, and a side of seasoned fries for 6.80 euros (see picture below).






As seen in the picture to the right, Chase would have to agree, these burgers are the real deal. In the words of Bill and Ted, this burger was "most triumphant." A shockingly great American meal from across the Atlantic. Bravo Germany! Bravo!

Some goals for the upcoming week:

-Run! Run! Run! for marathon training
-Stay on top of schoolwork
-Stay hydrated during Karneval
-Get plenty of rest, perhaps even a regular sleep schedule

-and of course... save money for Spring Break


Until next time... Tschus!





No comments:

Post a Comment