Sunday, February 26, 2012

Never a dull moment in Candy Land. (3)

Did I mention how good the breakfast was at the Hotel Deutschmeister? Well, the breakfast was good at the Hotel Deutschmeister!! There was so much variety I'm getting hungry just by the thought of it.

Friday was a day of lectures. We traveled to the University of Applied Sciences and learned all about their program and studies. Although one of the lectures got canceled, the presentations we got were very interesting! Once we got back to Vienna, we got the most awesome dinner OF ALL TIME. Being our last night might have been a reason for this, but I'm pretty sure we all left 20 pounds heavier and happier. After, a few of us went to a wine bar in the center. The place was so fancy and nice that many people were giving Chase nasty looks as he was passing by with his backpack and Nike shirt. I enjoyed this very much.

Saturday we got to meet Sigmund Freud. He said what's up. No, but seriously, I truly enjoyed receiving a lecture over Freud in his apartment and learning more about this interesting man. Going through the house where Freud and his family lived was unreal. I also got a fancy Freud coffee cup to always remember these moments and pretend to be Freud in the mornings.
The Museum of Natural History of Vienna was my favorite! Amazing place outside and inside. Dinosaurs, bears, cats, birds, sharks, reptiles, insects, even bacteria can have a place to shine in this building. I felt like a little kid going around the exhibits and getting excited to see all the large animals. Although I was sad we didn't get to go ice skating, ending the Vienna trip in this museum with a cup of hot chocolate was not a bad alternative.





 Auf Wiedersehen!

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment