Sunday, February 26, 2012

Never a dull moment in Candy Land. (1)




As everyone can see by the latest posts, we went to Vienna this past week and it was amazing! That's to say the least, but before we got on the plane to start our happy adventures and watch Disney movies on the way there, a terrible disaster happened.

Wednesday we had to meet up at 5 in the morning, yes in the morning, in front of the University to head out by bus. We had taxis take most of us to our meeting spot since no buses are running at this hour. Right before my taxi picked me up, being half asleep, I decided to switch purses to a larger bag since I wanted to fit in more things. Once at the bus I realized I had forgotten to pass my earphones from the smaller purse to the larger one. I thought to myself, "I can survive." Once we were getting closer to the airport, I also realized I had left my keys in the smaller purse. I thought to myself, "Well, it might be a problem when I get back, but I think I can survive." Once we got to the airport, I realized I had left behind yet another thing, my passport. I thought to myself, "Well... !!!" Thus began the most stressful moments of the trip. I ran to get another taxi, Kristin gave them quick directions and instructions, we drove off, I called my host Dad since I was locked out, I ran in, grabbed my things, re-checked the passport, got in the cab and wanted to yell at the driver to hurry, re-checked my passport to see if it was mine (I don't know who else it could have been, but I did), hurried the driver more, got an angry look, got to the airport, driver took his sweet time giving me my receipt, ran in, made it through security, and almost wanted to kiss the ground when I got inside the plane. All in one breath. Never a dull moment, right?


After I almost gave Kristin and Dr. Wasser a heart attack at the airport (sorry once again!), we finally got to Vienna where we could actually enjoy ourselves. When we were getting our first tour of the city, we passed by this church. From the outside it looked like a normal building, but once we stepped inside I was blown away! It was beautiful! I apologize that my pictures don't do it justice, but here are a few.

 We then continued the city tour and got great views and basic history of Vienna. We also got to go inside and check out the St. Stephan's Cathedral and the catacombs which I loved! The Museum of Vienna was also very fascinating, but the only problem was that by this point our bodies were starting to complain because of the lack of sleep and we were all extremely exhausted.

  Therefore, after dinner at a Viennese restaurant (which was amazing!) we had a girls night which meant we ate ice cream and all knocked out while watching the Jungle Book. Nice way to end the night!

Vienna to be continued...

Tschuss!

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment