Monday, February 13, 2012

Karneval Is Here!

 The week we have been hearing about since we got here to Germany is finally here! I got a taste of Karneval this past weekend. On Sunday, I went with my family to see the festival. Of course, this is nothing in comparison to Thursday and next Monday in Cologne, but I got to see what it would be like and I must say, I had fun!

Apart from seeing all the funny costumes, I enjoyed seeing all the different groups passing by the parade. Also, the songs and dances were hilarious. I met a couple of my host family's friends and it was nice because one of them lived right on the main street! Therefore, we could go inside and eat snacks when it got too cold outside.

Apart from getting a feel of Karneval, I also got to go Latin  dancing with the group on Saturday. I realize almost everyone has commented about this, but it was too much fun to not say anything about it. I guess I was in my "element" since I love Latin dancing, but seeing all my classmates learning was hilarious! We definitely have to go back to master these dances... and visit the funny instructor.

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment