Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Belated Carnival in Dusseldorf post

Here's a photo of Megan and I towards the end of the night in Dusseldorf. I'm going to do something different and start at the end and work my way backwards through the events.

So lastly, we arrived in Bonn safe and sound from Dusseldorf. We spent the morning having a nice brunch in a small cafe down the street from our hotel. The hotel was actually better than I had expected. Vincent did a really good job planning this trip out and picking the location. Although, my one qualm about the hotel was that the doors didn't lock automatically. It's an easy fix, but this slipped me and Chase's mind in the afternoon of the previous day while eve
ryone was napping, and Megan pulled a cruel, yet well deserved, prank on us by sneaking in and stealing our stuff. Lesson learned: always lock your door! Thank you Megan.

Saturday night a group of 8 of us went out to explore the Altstadt. We ended up at this club and heard some good dancing music. I'm now hooked on a remix of the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" by N-Trance that was playing that night. We had dinner at a small pizza place where we tried Altbeir, which in my opinion was one thing that Dusseldorf did better than Cologne. It also wasn't as crowded in the streets or pubs, which was nice. There was also a couple of live performances happening in the street which was awesome. Karneval in Dusseldorf definitely isn't as big as it is in Cologne, but it is still a great experience and even has the upper hand regarding a few things.

We went to a modern art museum Saturday afternoon. I've never really been into art, but this was quite the experience. I must say, I was confused at some of the pieces some people consider "art." To me, it looks like a couple solid colored canvas. However, there were some exhibits that I really enjoyed. The Snowflake exhibit was really cool, especiallysince the artist allowed visitors to contribute. Here's a picture of me adding my "snowflake" to the collection.
















I had a delicious schnitzel for lunch and before I knew it we were leaving Bonn for Dusseldorf. I guess to some people this blog post may not make sense, since it's proceeding in reverse chronological order. But I didn't think some of that modern art made sense, but apparently it does to some people. I'm not going to insult other people's perspectives, but I will admit mine is a little weird. I hope this was an interesting read!

Until next time..

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't just me who played a prank on you guys! Us girls fully enjoyed our little adventure :)

    ReplyDelete