Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 8 PARISSSSS

So I don't even know where to begin... I suppose Colmar... I know Colmar was in France but to me it looked very German (or how I used to think German architecture looked). It was super cute but it felt like a ghost town. I thought it was so odd that it was a weekday in the afternoon and the town was practically empty! It was nice to have a break from the bus ride. I'm glad we stopped there. We ended up staying in Beaune in a super nice hotel that I loved! Dinner was also a different experience trying food I never would have thought, like cold meat with green in it🙂 but it was good! Going out in Beaune was also fun but hard to do at first because everything was closed! What is up with these French towns? I also LOVED the museum there. The lady that gave us the tour was absolutely adorable and super funny!
Paris, however, was all that I thought is was going to be and more! Dinner the first night was interesting to say the least... BUT the bike tour the next day was by far my favorite thing of this whole study abroad trip. There's just something about riding a bike by the Eiffel Tower that really gets to me... I wish I could do it for every day of my life. I was never tired because I was so overwhelming happy and it was the greatest feeling ever. After the bike tour I got to go La Duree to get a box of some of the best macaroons in the world (thanks Dr. Wasser for introducing me to them now I'm addicted...). That night at the top of the Eiffel Tower was also a life changing experience. It may have been foggy and cold but I was on top of the freaking Eiffel Tower. How much more great could life get?
The next morning I really contemplated going on that walking tour because let's all face it I love my sleep more than anything, but I am really really glad I did. The church and the view were breathtaking! The markets and artist stands were so cute! We got to stop and have a great lunch outside at a small cafe. I loved it all. The Louvre after was also amazing, I just wish we had more time to go through more. I have to go back and just go to the museum everyday because there is so much to see in there. I'll have to say though, what is the big whoop about the Mona Lisa? I found it more interesting that so many people were going crazy over this small painting... After the museum Rachel showed me to Shakespeare and Company which was a super cute bookstore that I could have spent hours in but I knew my friends would hate me if I did so I cut it a little short... Also had to only let myself buy two books which was extremely hard for me to do! That day, along with all the days spent in Paris, was super long so after I went back to the hotel and immediately went to sleep. Versailles was so beautiful and insane at the same time. It was so crazy to be in such a huge place where people actually lived! I just could never imagine! The picnic set up for us was very nice. It was awesome that Julian got us many different French foods to try.
Overall, the Paris experience was a once in a lifetime thing. I would love to go back but even if I did it would never be the same as it was that week. I will forever be grateful for that amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment