Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 14

Monday: Travel day. I slept in in dubrovnik till about 9:30. I had to catch the bus at 11:25 so I went to the bakery and got y last taste of the slav pie. It wasn't as good as the ones in Bosnia. I sat at the south gate drawbridge that overlooked the port, beach, and ocean and ate my breakfast. I wasnt that hungry so I fed a majority of it to the pigeons and the stray cats. I made my way to the bus stop. And of course the bus was 30 minutes late, but luckily the airport was really small so I got to my gate within 10 minutes of arriving to the airport. My first flight was on a tiny airplane - With Propellers!! - The flight was only 50 minutes and the propellers added a nice vibration/humm to the plane so I was buzzed to sleep. I flew to Zagreb and had a 50 Minute layover there, so i got to the gate just in time to board. This flight was also very small, another prop airplane. This flight was only an hour too and went to Vienna. I got to vienna and had an hourish layover. something was wrong witht the plane we were supposed to take so they move us to another gate. The plane at this gate was smaller so 30 people got bumped from the flight. i luckily made it onto the plane. I got to franfurt around 8ish and had the worst thai food of my whole entire time being on this earth. Like absolute garbage pad thai. It was if the a thai couple had a child who was blind with no taste buds was the chef behind the monstrosity of a meal I ate. I had to wait for about 40 minutes for a train. I took a train to Mainz where I caught another train to Bonn. it took about 2 hours in total so I got to bonn around 10:30ish. I caught my regional train back to witterschlick and made it to my door step by 11:40. Overall a long day of travel. in other news, I get my tax return back soon and it should be about $125.

Tuesday: I was so tired I didnt want to get out of bed. but we had to work on enmodes. we worked on enmodes all day and into the night we did the same thing on wednessday so i probs wont write muchabout that below. Our first presentation was trash and we had a lot to improve. also we made some major designe changes late in the game by using a commercially available wire wrapped heater.

Wednesday:We worked all day on wednesday perfecting our presentations. This wire wrapped heater thing was my slide so Ill tell you a little about (with in my constraints of the thing we signed with enmodes) This wrap is made of silicone and it is flexible. the goal is to wrap it around the steel tubing that caries the oxygen.

Thursday: the presentation day. We got to the bus early and got on. 2 members of my team were not there so we were fairly worried bc we did not practice their slides. Anyways i fell asleep on the way there and they ended up taking a train and the taxi to get there on time. Luckily our group was last to present so they were able to make it. Wasser was not happy. When we presented everyone in my group did extremely well. I was very impressed to see the quieter girls in our program do very well. I was a little bummed bc i got caught up on my words and then i got nervous. Looked like a fool. But oh well i didnt lose any sleep over it. After that we went to lunch and had some drinks to celebrate. I decided to take the afternoon off and enjoy myself.

Friday: I dont really remeber what we did on friday. I remeber a lab was due.

Saturday: I slept in till 5PM on this day

Sunday: I woke up and started studying around 2. I didnt feel well so I tried to go to bed early and I couldnt fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment