Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 11

Monday: Class was starting late a lot this week, but Monday morning I decided to get toAIB early to finish all my online assignments for classes. We had our enmodes meeting. Getting closer to working as a team, but by the end of Friday's meeting we need to be  heading full steam in one direction. I went to bed early because we had to be up early the next morning/

Tuesday: Tuesday we went to the Unikilnik [sic]. I was super excited about it that I had no problem waking up at all. I was also a little nervous to be watching a surgery, it was something I have never done before, and I didn't know if I would be squeamish or not. We met at the HBF at 7:15 and took a bus to the hospital. I was assigned to the trauma/orthopedic surgery ward. We changed into our scrubs and met the anesthesiologist we would be following. I was in operating room number 3. The first operation I watched was a meniscus tear repair and a removal of a cyst from behind the joint of the knee. The head surgeon was alexa's surgeon so that was pretty neat. He had good words to say about her. The surgery was really cool. Dr. (idk if i can say his name bc of weird german laws so we will call him Dr. B) B made the surgery look like a piece of cake. The next surgeries, 3 of them, were hand surgeries on tendonitis hands where fingers were "stuck"in a curled position. The surgeries were very cool. It was very neat to see how confidently these surgeons worked. I stayed in the operating room until about 4:30 that day. I really wish we could have more days at the Uniklinik.

Wednesday: Wednesday was another late day for classes. All that was really required of us was to turn in our labs that day. I woke up early wednesday morning and headed to AIB to finish my lab. After lab I finished my VIBs 311 assignments. We had a TA session. not much really happened on Wednesday.

Thursday: Yet another day with late classes. I decided to take this day to sleep in. I slept in till about 10AM. I was having a prosciutto craving so I went to Rewe and got myself some with goat cheese and a baguette. We had a physiology lecture and a TA session. After that I finished my marketing class by taking two of the last online exams. After this, Cerci, Nicole and I went to Rhinlust biergarten on the other side of the rhine. We took the afternoon to enjoy the sunny weather and to have a pizza.

Friday: fridays are sort of dreadful for me because of the long, and early stretch of classes we have in the early morning hours. Even though I got plenty of sleep I was having trouble staying awake in class this Friday, but I did my best to stay awake. I even stood up when i couldnt keep my eyes open. Also, I am pretty sure I havent made it through one physiology lesson with out sneezing. Enmodes went well. We finally got all on the same page and we are working in a general unified direction. After that I went home and slept and read GoT all night.

Saturday: I slept in Saturday. made myself some breakfast and went to AIB to study for a little bit. Unfortunately I was neering the end of the second book of GoT so it was damn neer impossible to put the book down. I finished the book saturday night.

Sunday: I woke up at 8 and was studying at AIB by 10:30. studied most of the day till 9. packed my lunch so I didnt have to leave. Went to the end of the marathon for a while to look for some of the runners in our group and get gelato but I didnt see anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment