Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 11

The middle of the week was awesome because I got to see surgeries. I loved being in that environment and getting a little taste of what's going to be my future. I watched a tumor being removed from the throat, a tonsillectomy, and a tumor from the right side of the face. The anesthesiologist I was paired with was very nice and made it a point that I knew everything that was going on during the surgeries. I am so blessed to have had that experience.
Sunday came and I thought it was going to be the last day on earth... I only ran/walked 6.2 miles but it felt like a lifetime. Luckily the day was very nice which made the run bearable. I also got to look at things in Bonn that I had never seen before which was cool. I definitely would have regretted not running so I am glad I did. My body definitely hated me for the next couple of days after. I hope to train for a half marathon and run that before I die so let's see if I can make that happen🙂.

No comments:

Post a Comment