Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 14- Enmodes


Image may contain: 16 people, people smiling, people standingOn Thursday, we woke up to a freezing cold morning. We got dressed up and took the 2 hour bus ride to Aachen. Once we were there, Dr. Wasser and Madeleine had to stall for an hour because some people had missed our bus. The presentations went well, and it felt so good to have completed our semester long project at last. The enmodes engineers had a few questions and seemed interested in looking into our ideas. After that, I was able to buy the chocolate croissants that I had loved so much the last time I was in Aachen. We then walked through the Aachen Cathedral one last time and met some of the boys in a Mexican cantina. The next day, we had our last pharmacology quiz and a lab due. I was so exhausted by Friday night. 


This week was probably the most atypical school week I've ever had. We spent all of Tuesday, from 8:45 am to past 11pm, working on our enmodes project. We had one physiology class to break up our group work. We got a lot done, but I also spent a lot of time procrastinating because we were there for so long. We attempted to address the critiques that Dr. Wasser and Madeleine had for us the week before, and then presented again. We had refined our presentation a little but still had a lot more work to do. On Wednesday, we got to school at 8:45am and worked until past 11pm once again, this time without any class to break up the group work. We presented several times. At the end of the night, we presented in front of the whole class to try to make it similar to our presentation the next day. By the time the night was over, pretty much everyone was exhausted and slightly delirious. Although the process was sometimes stressful and frustrating (especially as a BIMS student who knows nothing about engineering) I was pretty glad with how it came together. I also ended up really enjoying the time I got to spend with the engineers in my group. Hopefully we all get to spend more time together before the program ends.


On Saturday, I went to Bonn's huge monthly flea market in the Freizeitpark Rheinaue. When I first got there, I was pretty intimidated by the size and busyness of the market. I wandered around for a little while but eventually started buying stuff. I ended up buying a lot of really unique souvenirs for my friends there for a great price, and I was really glad that I went. I spent Sunday studying for my physiology exam at AIB with the engineers. At the end of the day, Rachel and I went to Mass in Bonn Munster. It was a nice way for us to say goodbye to the most iconic place in Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment