Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 14: Enmodes!

This week was the Enmodes presentation. We spent so much time at AIB working on our presentations. It was frustrating at times especially since I had teammates not pulling their weight. We decided to change our design and had to pull the research together to show that it could work. Also Kimberly has essentially taught herself Thermodynamics at this point and is still struggling to figure out the calculations. Madeleine has also spent several hours trying help figure it all out. Kyle made some really cool animations of our design. In the end we all worked really hard and made a really nice presentation. From there we worked with Dr. Wasser and Madeleine for several hours polishing what we going to say.

There was a lot of stress and little sleep which proved dangerous. Kyle and Kendrick ended up over sleeping and missing the bus to Aachen. They had to take a train and taxi to meet us. This however meant they were going to be late. In the end Dr. Wasser and Madeleine had to stall for half an hour to give them time to get there. While we were waiting to see if Kyle and Kendrick would make it Kimberly and I started memorizing their parts just in case. Luckily, they made it and were able to present.

While I was presenting I was strangely calm and relaxed. I realized I was the only person in the room who was an expert in what I was discussing. It was such a cool feeling. Our group's design was the only one that did not receive any true questions. I later talked with one of the engineers from enmodes and said he was impressed with our design. It completely prevent the problem from occurring without adding too much bulk, or any safety issues. I was happy when it was all over though.

No comments:

Post a Comment