Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 10

Week ten was one of the most difficult weeks of this trip because we had to cook for ourselves. Our host mom left the day before we got back from spring break and wasn't going to be back until April 8th. That's three weeks of cooking for ourselves with food that only has instructions in german. I can't even remember how much food we ruined just becuase we (or I, I guess I should say) couldn't figure out how to make it. Add on more stress because we had a physiology lab test that wednesday that I hadn't studied for. I had to go to the store to buy oven pizza since I needed something quick and easy to make. I had to carry it with me on the bus and I forgot that they don't give out plastic bags so people stared at me. This week was filled with eating a lot of cereal and toast. But we made it so yay.

The Big Event
I didn't even mind waking up early on a Saturday morning because we got to do a yell practice and I didn't realize how much I missed the traditions at A&M. We saved some bees! My group was in charge of making a home for some bees and it was so rewarding. Also, we got a free shirt and we got to burn stuff. Also, that Saturday was one of the best nights of this whole trip. I got to spend time with Stephenie, Cerci, and Chelsea Kendrick for a little bit lol. I'm definitely looking forward to going again.

The Neanderthal Museum
This place was amazing. It was kind of hard to get up in the morning, but I'm glad I made it on time because this museum touched on what I would like to study in graduate school. I'm really glad Dr. Wasser gave us the opportunity to go because we also got to do a little bit of hiking. I would definitely go again. I dropped 20 euros on the ground somewhere but it was a small price to pay lol.

tldr; this week was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment