Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 10: School and Big Event

  This week was more about recovering from all my traveling and studying for my Physiology Lab exam. I was really impressed how much work I was able to get down and how motivated I was. I spent a lot of time working on the lab outline, and reading the textbook. The lab exam was difficult though just because a lot of the material on there was only discussed in Herman's lab. He does a number of demonstrations that are just not allowed here at AIB. I actually did surprisingly well considering the circumstances.
  This week was also the week we started working with our larger enmodes group. I am a little worried because there are so many high strung individuals in our group with just our first meeting there was a lot of tension. I think we have a great idea but if we can't work as a team we will not be able to prove how great our idea is. In the first meeting there were already people ignoring the others or going straight to the professors to solve things instead of working it out as a group. This will prove a challenge because everyone will need to be handled a little differently. Hopefully, all goes well.
  Also this week was the Big Event. It was my first big event but it was a lot of fun. We started with a small party and yell practice at the old AIB. From there we walked to a sorting facility for clothing donations for refuges and the homeless. My group was tasked with sorting out sizes of women's tops and placing them into boxes. I did the majority of packing the boxes. I also stacked a large number of boxes. The people running this center could not keep up with how fast we were working. They have never had such a large group of people before. It was amazing to see how much we were able to accomplish and help these people out. I am glad it was my first Big Event experience.
  We also went to the Neanderthal museum which was really cool. I loved seeing the skeleton replicas and learning a little about human evolution. It was also really nice to go hike around the park. I really liked seeing the ice age era animals that had been bred or found. I thought the buffalo were super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment