Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 13: Easter, Beer in Brugge

 This week was a four or five day weekend- So we had all of Thursday evening through Monday night to ourselves. On Thursday and Friday I stuck around Bonn to get some school work done, which was pretty much pointless because I didn't really get anything done.

BUT on Saturday around 1am, myself, Michael, and Nathan boarded a bus to Brugge Belgium. I slept the entire way there. When we arrived, it was 7am raining and most of the stores were closed. We walked around the city centre looking for some place to eat and get out the rain. Eventually, we found a place that served breakfast within the next half hour, so we stuck around a bridge and bird watched some swans, geese, and ducks.

After we ate breakfast, we visited a brewery place that served various types of beers. It was pretty much all downhill from there.  I'm just glad we made it to the bus later on in the night, and nobody was kidnapped or robbed. So in retrospect, we had a safe family friendly day trip in Belgium.

When the bus returned to Bonn, it was around 4am. And we encountered a few issues trying to get home. Specifically the subway system. I had to take a different bus back home, which was fine. The craziest part was seeing the types of people who are at the Hauptbahnhof at 4am. You'd think "The freaks come out at night" is just an expression- but let me tell you. It's not.

When I got home around 6am, I passed out. My host mom came in my room to wake me up around 9am for the Easter Egg hunt-- Because it was Sunday, and the Easter Egg hunt started at 2pm. I don't know.




No comments:

Post a Comment