Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 10 Big Event

I know big event is such a huge thing at A&M but I had never participated in it until this trip. I was very curious as to what my job was going to be when I found out I was going to a nursing home. Maggie and I, along with other girls from different programs,planted super cute flowers in pots to be placed all over this backyard type scene. It was such a cute little area and the flowers made it look even better. The stronger guys duh really deep holes and planted trees and all of us together pulled out all the weeds. Thank god it was such a great day to do all these things. I knew that the elderly people would be so happy at this new and improved area and so it felt so great to be doing all of this. It was also a lot of fun because I met LMU students that were awesome and we all talked together throughout the whole day. The people working for the nursing home also had a great BBQ for us which was really nice. I was super lucky to be placed in the group that I was and I must say my first Big Event experience was definitely a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment