Thursday, April 6, 2017

I Helped Save the Bees - Week 10

  Save the Bees 


This week was another chill week; I stayed in Bonn and caught up all of my homework. Big Event was this weekend and it was really fun. It's kind of cool to think about how many Aggies are volunteering all across the world on the exact same day.

 On Friday a couple of us had a Friendsgiving and played some games. Then the next day was Big Event! One of my favorite parts about Big Event was being able to do a few of my favorite yells and singing the war hymn all together. I didn’t realize how much I actually missed doing Aggie yells until we did it. I got put in the group that was able to “Save the Bees.” Stephenie and I pulled some weeds, cut down some trees, and planted some flowers. Then most of us ended up teaming together to clear out about 10 feet long bushes, which was cool because we got to meet some new people. After all of our hard work and labor, the couple who owned the educational garden we were at cooked us some German-style BBQ with hamburgers and wursts and they started a bonfire. All & all, this week was a lot of fun. I love Big Event and I'm so grateful that we were able to still participate in it from 5,000 miles away. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment