Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 11


This week is full of study again. I talked with my host parents after the dinner one night. I did not even realize that there is only couple weeks left while I will be in Germany. Time flies. Everyone was studying hard to prepare their exams that are coming up. Full of books in the week for everyone.

On Tuesday, we got the great opportunity to shadow with a doctor in the hospital. I think it was the best plan in the program. Haha. We went to the Uniklink, in Bonn. I had never seen a real operation in the actual operation room. I was so excited and nervous when I was got to the hospital. Everyone needed to wear scrubs, a hair net, a mask, and a pair of crocks. I got to watch a throat cancer operation.

I was feeling kind of sick in the day, so I felt not good to eat breakfast in the morning. When I first got into the operation room, the smell in the operation room was so strong. It made me want to throw up. I went outside and asked for a cup of water. I sat down and had a 20minutes break, and then went back in the operation room. Lucky that I went back on time, and the surgery had just started. The anesthesiologist was really nice. He told us about the information about the patient and the information showed on the screen that controls the anesthetic. While the surgeon worked on the removing of cancer tissue from the throat, there was another surgeon who was working on the skin graft surgery. The surgeon was trying to get the part of muscle from forearm, in order to move it to the throat part afterward. The surgery was 8 hours long, but I only stayed for 4 hours, because I need to study for my exam that coming up.

On Friday, we went to the medical museum, we saw many historical machine that used for in the hospital in the old time. On Sunday, there was marathon going on in Bonn. That was a great event.





No comments:

Post a Comment