Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 13

This Easter I decided it was time to visit Belgium. I had heard it was a great place and really wanted to see it for myself. To start off the trip, we took a train and arrived in Brussels. Brussels had so much to offer. This trip we planned to just have a laid back, relaxing, de-stressing trip, and that's exactly what we did. From peeing statues, to beer, to chocolates and more. We spent most of the trip just wandering to see what we came across. The Atomium was a great surprise. While in the area we were also able to see the Japanese Tower and a sort of Chinese Palace. We also saw a church which looked very very similarly to Notre Dame, my favorite cathedral. After we had finished having fun in Brussels, it was time to visit the wonderful town of Bruges.





Bruges is forever stuck with me as one of my favorite places in the entire program. While I hadn't heard much of the town, I had heard it was a cozy, cute, and welcoming town. This was an understatement. We got to rent bikes from our hostel and bike around the city, which was the highlight of the trip. The entire town was a perfect photo shoot. The windmills and streets were beautiful. The people were incredibly kind, and one even helped us fix our bikes when the chains came off. We also got to have the best hot chocolate I've ever had in my life. Once we had chosen what kind of chocolate we wanted, we were presented with a steaming mug of milk and a big cup made of chocolate, filled with more chocolate. We were instructed to drop the entire chocolate assembly into the milk and stir it. I've never drank liquid chocolate before, but I'm pretty sure this is what it would be like. It was rich almost to the point of being too much. While it completely filled me, and I couldn't even bear to think about eating afterwards, it was so worth it. Belgium definitely didn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment