Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 14

This week was probably the most stressful and trying of the semester. With the deadline to have our presentations just over the horizon, the pressure was on to get everything together. While it was tough and we had to work hard to get everything in a presentable condition, I couldn't have asked for a better team. We all worked great together, split up work fairly, and everyone pulled their weight. Once we thought it was presentable, we presented what we had and realized we had a lot more ground to cover. The material was there, but our method of presenting was way off. With enough critique, lots of hours, and lots of repeating presentations, we eventually got it where it needed to be. We were ready. The following morning we got up before the crack of dawn, and boarded our bus to Aachen. I was nervous, we were presenting to a real engineering company and needless to say that's a bit unnerving. Our team went first which I was happy about, at least I wouldn't have to watch everyone else do great and feel more pressure. Luckily, we did great. It was our best run yet. I was a bit shaky with the laser pointer but overall we really did a great job, everyone did. They really liked our presentations and we celebrated afterwards with champagne and lunch. This experience was one of the most important and significant things of the whole semester. Having the opportunity to work with a real engineering company in Germany is something I will never forget, and I'll be sure to brag about it on any resumes in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment