Sunday, April 30, 2017

21 and struggling- Week 15

          This week started out with my 21st birthday on Monday. Although this was not the way I was expecting to spend my 21st, it was beyond incredible. I was blown away by the gifts and nice words I received from everyone throughout the day. I was so surprised that my mom managed to get me 21 roses all the way from Texas. Although it was my birthday, that did not mean school stopped. I had my third exam for physiology on Monday. After the exam we went to hofgarten where we played some volleyball and relaxed. On Tuesday, I spent the whole day studying. Wednesday we had our physiology final, which ended up going very well. On Thursday we had our lab final, which meant we were fully done with physiology. On Friday we went on an excursion to Remagen. This was such an awesome experience. I am a history nerd so I enjoyed being at the site of the Remagen bridge, which was a crucial site for world war two. We got the tour from the actual owner of the museum who use to be the major of Remagen when he was twenty-eight. On Friday night we went out to celebrate my birthday and being somewhat done with school. On Saturday I spent the day studying and then attended the LMU theater performance. This production in my opinion was incredible. All of their hard work throughout the semester definitely paid off. After the theater performance I went to AIB to study for a hour before we went to farewell party. This was a very sad party for me. I am so excited to go home, but I am sure going to miss all these incredible people and this amazing place. Sunday was the same ole story of studying, but we did have a family BBQ. This was awesome, but also sad. I am so grateful for my host family. They have truly been my family here and made me feel so welcome and comfortable in there home. Now here is to the last three days in Germany.
Struggling our way through finals

The sweet cake my host family and roommate made for me.

The sweet flowers my mom mailed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment