Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 15 - The Last One

So this is my last blog post and it is dedicated to venting about how absolute $hit the week was.  I slept for maybe 4 hours every night because of all the studying the consumed the engineers lives.  But it's over now and I can enjoy my last few days in Bonn, relaxing and packing to go home.  In a previous blog I talked about my mixed feelings I had about the semester ending and it almost being time to go home.  I'm sad to be going home, because Bonn started to feel like home and everything that I was doing everyday felt like home and felt comfortable and I enjoyed it all.  From riding the train everyday to class to going to REWE for lunch.  It became a part of my routine, and all of the things that were uncomfortable at first became normal and just became a part of life.  I finally realized how much I'm going to miss Bonn and how despite not being a ridiculously amazing part of Europe it will always be one of my favorites because I didn't just visit here, I lived here for 4 months.  I am excited to be going home though because I can drive again, I can eat Mexican food, I can eat Whataburger, and I never thought I'd say it, but I miss College Station.  It will also be nice to be able to talk to people instead of being silent everywhere because I don't speak the language.  I have about 4 days left in Germany and I can say this has been quite an amazing experience, and even though a lot of it sucked (A LOT) I wouldn't trade this semester for anything in the world.  But this is it my friends, the final blog post.  It's been real.  Tschüss.

No comments:

Post a Comment